Wednesday, August 3, 2011

National Breastfeeding Awareness Week


August is a month to celebrate breastfeeding. Over 170 countries are celebrating World Breastfeeding Week from now until August 7.1 To celebrate this wonderful event, I will publish several posts all about breastfeeding, from personal testimony, to advice from veteran moms, to product must haves and more. In addition, I've also teamed up with some great bloggers to spotlight breastfeeding awareness through Let Love Nourish. Each participating blogger will publish her own breastfeeding post and host a giveaway for a breastfeeding related product. We hope that this will not only spotlight the importance of breastfeeding for future moms, but provide encouragement for moms struggling with nursing.

I know that each (current or expectant) mom has a choice to make about her infant's nutrition. I know moms who exclusively breastfed, supplemented with formula while breastfeeding, only pumped and fed breastmilk with a bottle, and opted out of breastfeeding completely. My goal is to highlight breastfeeding and hopefully encourage more people to choose it, not to judge -- I know all too well how hard new parents are on themselves. I hope you can join me this month as we celebrate Let Love Nourish in support of World Breastfeeding Week.

1. http://www.worldbreastfeedingweek.org/