Thursday, December 27, 2012

Modestly Stylish in a Mikarose Valerie Dress

mikarose valerie dress in red full length
I love dresses and try to wear them any chance I get. There's something just incredibly feminine about dresses. I'd like to think my style is classic; fashionable, but not trendy. As I get older I do see my style evolving. Rightly so, as I can't imaging wearing anything mini at my age (and with two kids in tow). I am so glad to have discovered Mikarose. The company is known for modest fashion for women.

I received the Valerie dress in red to review. Upon taking it out of the package, I absolutely fell in love with it. It looks nice on the hanger but is fabulous on. Since giving birth to Big B, I often opt for empire cuts. It is a very flattering style for someone with a muffin top like myself. From the pictures, it looks like it's three different shades of red, but it's really a nice cranberry red color. It complements my skin tone well. I chose a size small and it fits fine. The dress hits just below the knee. It is a bit snug around the belly area but fine everywhere else.

zoom of mikarose valerie dress

Favorite features

  • Empire and rouching waist; highlights the slimmest part of my body
  • Color is beautiful
  • Machine washable

This dress is a polyester - spandex blend so you know it hugs. You can kind of see the clasp of my nursing bra in the picture below. The material is easy to take care of and maintain, perfect for someone who doesn't have too much time to take care of fancy fabrics.

valerie dress in red empire cut rouching waist

The price point for the Valerie is $44.99, which is not a bad price. I can see myself getting lots of uses out of this dress: church, party, date night, or a girls night out. I'm not someone who won't use a dress again after I've been photographed in it, so paying $45 for a dress is a sound investment. 

So, if you are interested in updating your style, I highly recommend Mikarose.

A little about Mikarose

Mikarose specializes in elegant and fashionable clothing with a modest twist. The Utah based company offers women a modest alternative to modern apparel without compromising style. From dresses and skirts to tops and accessories, customers can find something for everyday wear and special events. 

Connect with Mikarose on FacebookTwitter, and Pinterest.

Disclosure: I was provided free products to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided. All opinions expressed are my own.