Thursday, October 18, 2012

Why I Love My Soybu® Eco-friendly Yoga Capri

soybu capri and tank while in tree pose
Yoga calms me. It's something that brings me a lot of joy and pain. For those who think that yoga is merely stretching, well, they haven't taken a class. The instructor for my first formal class, unbeknownst to me, has a reputation for giving strenuous sessions. I was so sore the next day, but I went back, and kept taking classes. I have not taken formal classes in a while but hope to someday return.

Prior to starting my practice, I wanted to make sure that I wore the right things. I knew that my clothes had to be comfortable, moved with my body well, and kept me cool enough so that I did not sweat too much (less I couldn't hold a post). I finally bought yoga pants and they have served me well. In my quest to find a second pair of yoga pants, I discovered the Soybu® Lotus Capri. Actually, I was introduced to Soybu® at the Healthy Child Healthy World Date Night a few weeks ago. I discovered that Soybu® offers eco-friendly yoga clothes. I was pleasantly surprised. I had never heard of the company before that night and became a fan instantly.

All the items I tried have been wonderful. The Lotus Capri and Full Circle Tank are snug but not too tight. The website does not offer a size guide, so I contacted the company to help me choose the correct size. At 5'4' and approximately 125 pounds, the small fit just right. To make a long review short, I love my capri because they are: well made, incredibly comfortable, wicks moisture from my legs, easy to maintain, pleasantly flattering, and most importantly, made of recycled material. The Full Circle Tank hugs the body well. So, if you are a bit modest about your curves (or in my case, postpartum belly hence the back view) showing, this may be a little too fitted for your liking. Regardless, I will continue to use this as it is breathable and has a built-in shelf bra.


soybu full circle tank and lotus capri


plank pose in soybu yoga capri and tank

The other items I received are not exclusively yoga wear, but something you certainly can wear after your practice. Both the Dolman Crew and Forget Me Not Hood are perfect cover ups after practice to keep your muscles and body warm. Actually, since it's been a hot autumn in SoCal, I have not had a need to cover up after practice. So, I've used the Dolman Crew as a blouse and the Forget Me Not Hood as a very thin cardigan. These lightweight tops are so soft. Despite their thin and pellucid features, they are not delicate at all. I tossed them in the washer with other clothes, using the regular cycle, and they both did fine. I love that they are wrinkle free and I didn't have to iron them. In addition to being fashionable, they are wash and go tops, perfect for a busy mom.


soybu dolman crew french fleur

soybu forget me not hood yellow

About Soybu®
Established in Denver, Colorado, Soybu® has been providing performance apparel since 1998. Nature-inspired, the apparel offers women feminine clothing to fit an active lifestyle. From workout outfits to skirts and dresses to accessories, designers created clothing that reflect a balance of leisure, work, and fun. Some apparel are made with eco-friendly fibers to minimize environmental impact.

Connect with Soybu® on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclosure: I was provided free products to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided. All opinions expressed are my own.