Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lunch at Stonefire Grill

Food exploration used to be something I did quite often. During college, I would open up the phone book (pre Yelp era) and pick a place. Often times it was a hit, very rarely was it a miss. Now, picking a place is made easy with online search engines and reviews. Despite the technological advances, I still rely on good old fashion recommendations from people. Last week, I went to lunch at Stonefire Grill for the first time, and it definitely won't be my last.


About Stonefire Grill
Stonefire Grill first opened in Valencia in 2000 by sisters, Mary and Maureen Harrigan. Their background in full service restaurants helped shape the concept for Stonefire Grill. They moved away from lengthy dining and created a fast-casual eating establishment. The focus of Stonefire Grill is on fresh ingredients that translates to simple dishes and delicious food. Customers can enjoy Stonefire Grill in one of 7 locations, at home, or catered at a party.

Social Networks
Blog, Facebook, Twitter

Locations
Valencia, West Hills, Fountain Valley, Irvine, Chatsworth, Pasadena, Thousand Oaks


MY EXPERIENCE
Throughout the entire lunch, I kept saying the same thing after the first bite, "It's so good." It was like a mantra, and the rest of my party agreed. We tasted the new quinoa salads (Keen Green and Healthy Hybrid), Tri Tip, Fresh Salmon, Grilled Vegetables, Macaroni and Cheese, Garlic Bread, Fudge Brownie, and Carrot Cake. Everyone at my table tasted everything and we really enjoyed it all. Family style eating is highly encouraged at Stonefire Grill and the portions are great for sharing. We had the petite salads, and as you can see, they are definitely big enough to share with others. Or alternatively, one could make two meals out of one order. They say words can speak volumes, so I will let my pictures talk.







Another amazing thing is how fresh and tasty the food was. The salmon was prepared simply, and it tasted delicious. Each item was cooked well, not overdone. In addition to pleasing the palate, the food was priced affordably. The Tri Tip is $13.99 and the
Healthy Hybrid and Keen Green are $7.99 and $8.99, respectively. My friend and I kept discussing prices, especially the family meals. You can serve a family of 4 for as low as $24.99; that's a little over $6 a person. That's not a bad deal.







Stonefire Grill is certainly a restaurant that I will be going to if I need a last minute meal for surprise visitors, or if I'm just tired and had a long day (they do take-out). I brought my husband leftovers from lunch and he enjoyed them as much as I did. I told my mom about it and said that we should definitely bring the whole family here for lunch someday...soon. If you live in Valencia, LA or Orange County, Stonefire Grill is a must try. And if you're in California for a visit, here's one stop for you.






Disclaimer: I was not financially compensated for this post. The brand/PR representative invited me to taste the new menu. The opinions expressed in this post are solely mine and I was under no obligation to provide a positive review. I received permission to post company trademarked logo and images on my blog.