Monday, August 22, 2011

LLN Spotlight: The Harvard Common Press

Photobucket
The Harvard Common Press is a leading publisher of parenting books and cookbooks. This Boston-based publisher is the recipient of several awards for its publication of high-quality products. First to publish a comprehensive handbook on breastfeeding, The Harvard Common Press has printed over 1,000,000 copies of The Nursing Mother's Companion, the standard in its category. Through its various cookbooks ranging from vegetarian to regional American, The Harvard Common Press is highly praised in the US as well as abroad.

Social Networks

About The Nursing Mother's Companion
This was my breastfeeding bible. I've included it in my breastfeeding must-have list. We all have our personal preference for an author's writing style and tone. This book just resonated with me. Unlike other breastfeeding books,  The Nursing Mother's Companion was free of judgement and presented information in a matter-of-fact way. Now in it's 6th edition, the book includes "Survival Guides," has 2 new sections (breast pump and pumping and new growth chart), and an updated appendix. I learned so much about the breast, nursing process, what challenges to expect and how to overcome them, resources available, and the role of others from this book. As a pregnant woman who was intent on breastfeeding my son, I thought this book was very informative, comprehensive, and easy to read. I highly recommend it to anyone considering breastfeeding. 

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post. The company is generously sponsoring this giveaway. Information about the company was obtained from the sponsor's website.