Saturday, August 6, 2011

Celebrating World Breastfeeding Week with La Leche League

The La Leche League of Southern Orange County hosted a Family Picnic today in Laguna Beach. My family and I met up with a friend and her son. It was a beautiful day in Orange County, sunny and not too hot; perfect for a picnic. This was my first time attending the picnic and was glad I did. There was a bake sale, games for the kids, vendors, picture booth, and live musical entertainment. Each registrant received a gift bag with goodies. There was also a raffle with awesome prizes, all donated by wonderful sponsors. All proceeds from the event will go to the La Leche League of Southern Orange County and their efforts in providing support, education, information, and encouragement to women who want to breastfeed. My favorite part, I won a great raffle prize, something I've been wanting for a very long time and will definitely use with the next baby...an ERGObaby© baby carrier! My second favorite part, eating the oatmeal walnut chocolate goodness at the bake sale, YUM.