Wednesday, May 18, 2011

REVIEW: Sprig Eco-trucks

PRODUCT
Manufacturer
Social Networks

Products
Materials
Sprigwood™: recycyled wood and reclaimed plastic

Made In
Europe

Price
Loader - $14.99 (on Amazon at the time of purchase)
Dump Truck - $14.99 (on Amazon at the time of purchase)
Excavator - $14.99 (on Amazon at the time of purchase)

MY THOUGHTS
Assembly
All products are assembled.

Design 
I love that these trucks were made of recycled materials. I think these toys are well designed. The cabins opened and the working parts (i.e. scooper) are functional. There is a little "switch" that allows the body to be moveable. I also like the way these trucks smell; even after a year, they have a slight smell. The only thing that I would suggest is to create "workers" that can "drive" and operate the trucks. We have several of the Adventure Series toys as well (reviews to come) and they all came with Adventure Guides. Unfortunately, the Adventure Guides don't fit in the cabin of the Eco-trucks.

Durability
These are very durable toys. We have owned these trucks for over a year and there is no sign of wear and tear. Although not too rough with his toys, my son has thrown them about.
Functionality
We've used these toys in the sandbox, on carpet, and on tiles and the wheels worked well. Each of the trucks really do function as they are supposed to. The dump truck has an operational back door that can be opened and the whole bed can be lifted to dump contents. The excavator can rotate 360 degrees. The scooper on the excavator and the loader can be used to pick up and dump stuff.

Packaging
If I remember correctly, these had minimal cardboard-type packaging; no plastic ties or tape. The packaging did not fit the entire truck, so my parents had to give these to my son in a gift bag.

Price
These are now sold for cheaper than what my parents paid for. Even then, I thought the the price was a good value given that these were made from recycled materials and were made in Europe.

Safety
We have not had any safety issues with these products. Despite regular use, the parts have not broken or chipped.



Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post. The products in this review were purchased by my family. The opinions expressed in this post are solely mine. I was under no obligation to provide a positive review.