Monday, April 25, 2011

REVIEW: LightSpeed® Quick Shelter

SUN SAFETY SERIES
So far in my Sun Safety Series, I've reviewed products that you wear, mainly sunscreen (TruKid™, Episencial®). Sun protection also involves something very easy, seeking shade. Although shade is not always available, it's nice to know you can bring it with you wherever you are. I purchased the shelter reviewed below just for that reason. It's a convenient product that provides protection from the sun's damaging UV rays, designed for parents on-the-go. 


SPONSOR 
Manufacturer/Company

Social Networks

Product
Materials 
190T PU 450mm, Silver coating, 115g PE

Made In
China

Price
$35.99 (at the time I purchased it) at Costco (the current online Costco price is $64.99)

MY THOUGHTS
Assembly
All products are assembled.

Design 
I can not speak highly enough of how well this product is designed. It is designed so that it sets up quickly and with minimal effort. Poles are built into the frame and although not a pop-up, it took about a minute to set up. It took about 3 minutes to pack up and stuff in the carrying case. Here is a video link for set up. The shelter is compact and lightweight. I love that the tent material is UPF 50+, it's the same concept as SPF but for fabric. 
Durability
We've owned this for a couple of months and so far, so good. The shelter is definitely well made.

Functionality
We've used this at outdoor events such as festivals and family outings to the park and lake. We've set it up on sand and grass. Indoors, we have used it as a half dome amphitheater for performances, an archeological dig site for dinosaurs, and for indoor camping. The shelter is spacious and can accommodate folding chairs and equipment. The bottom tarp can also be folded up to provide privacy. The windows were very nice; they provided much needed ventilation during warmer days.


Packaging
I like that the shelter comes with a nylon bag for storage and transport. It helped protect the shelter and made it very convenient to carry.

Price
It's a good value for a product that is durable, convenient, lightweight, and most importantly, offers UV protection. I highly recommend this product.

Safety
We have not had any safety issues with this product.


GIVEAWAY - CLOSED
Thanks to LightSpeed® for sponsoring my giveaway.

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post. The product in this review was purchased by my family. The opinions expressed in this post are solely mine. I was under no obligation to provide a positive review. I received permission from the sponsor to post their trademarked brand/logo on my blog.