Saturday, April 9, 2011

GUEST BLOGGER: Jill from Sandy Toes and Popsicle

My very first guest blogger is the mom who inspired me to start my own. Her blog is my go to blog for daily activities in OC. I am super grateful that Jill found the time to be a guest here at Just Another Hat, because as you will read, she is one busy momma.

Hello there!

I’m Jill from Sandy Toes and Popsicles, one of the OC’s mommy blogs! I am a mom of three boys ages 8, 5 and 11 months. Things are definitely busy over here entertaining these kiddies, and I am always trying to find fun things for us to do around Orange County. I believe the best things in life are free….and when my kiddies are happy…..I am happy.



I am very excited to be a guest blogger over here at Just Another Hat. We love Romina’s blog and all the great information she posts about. Thank you Romina for having Sandy Toes and Popsicles on your blog!

So for those of you who don’t know, I am an artist. I love sharing my love for art with my kiddies, and try to take them into art galleries as much as possible. A lot of people think I am crazy to take my kiddies into galleries of expensive paintings and sculptures, but I have been taking them in since they were babies. They know the rules of not touching anything, and I engage them by asking them questions and telling them about all the pieces of art. I LOVE hearing what they think and what THEY love, and I tell them what I love.

Our family especially loves to drive down to Laguna Beach and look at the galleries. It is actually one of our favorite family activities. We usually just jump in the car with no planning and head down there. There are so many things to enjoy….

First off, we love going into the galleries. Of course one of the kiddies favorite is the Wyland Gallery.  


The Laguna Village Shops are fun. 



There are many fun stores to browse all over Laguna Beach. Our favorites: Tuvalu, Art and Soul, Bubbles, The Old Pottery Place and......


you can't miss going into the Candy Baron. I usually give the kiddies $1 to get a treat.




Art is everywhere in Laguna.


And the trip isn't complete without going down to the beach, where the kiddies can play in the sand, sometimes the water or the gigantic playground.



What I love most about going down to Laguna Beach is that every experience is different. There is always something new to see, some new treasure to touch, a new store to browse. It doesn’t cost any money (except maybe parking…or if we get a treat), and I learn a little something new about each of my kiddies each time. That makes a great day.

Tips:
Bring your camera….there are lots of fun picture spots
 Bring quarters, you may need them for parking
 Bring a jacket, just in case it is windy
 Bring sunscreen if you plan to hang out on the beach
 Bring a picnic or money to enjoy a treat at the candy shop or ice cream parlor.


We love Laguna. Thank again for letting me share!

Jill and the kiddies, Jack, Kyle and baby