Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tegu Revolutionizes the Wooden Car with Dart


I did not grow up with a lot of toys. My kids, on the other hand, are fortunate to be able to play not just with a variety of toys, but with incredibly innovative ones. By far, one of the favorite toys I've discovered is by Tegu. I love these wooden blocks - they're magnetic. 

We received the Dart by Tegu to review. I can not tell you how excited I was when I opened the package. I've been drooling over Tegu since I discovered them last year. What makes it so special? Well, it's all in the built-in magnets. There are more than a handful of manufacturers of wooden blocks - from Etsy artisans to international brands. However, the Tegu blocks have magnets that allow them to stick to each other.



I initially put the pieces together to form the Dart. However, soon enough, Big B began to create his own masterpieces from the blocks. We took the Dart with us to a restaurant to keep him busy while we were waiting. He just could not keep his hands off these.

Favorite features

  • Made from eco-friendly and sustainable material - wood
  • Safe, non-toxic, water-based lacquers
  • Magnet built in to the blocks helps keep structures intact
  • Kid-powered; has no bells and whistles and needs no batteries
  • Blocks are durable

The price point for the Dart is $32. For a wooden vehicle of its size, it's kind of expensive. For a set of blocks and wheels with unlimited possibility, it's definitely a value. Since receiving this set for review, the kids have received a bigger set for Christmas from their godparents. Little B loves to play with these. He is fascinated with the clicking sound the blocks make when you put them together. As for Big B, his creativity continues to amaze me. I can not recommend this toy enough. Tegu blocks are a great gift for both boys and girls, of any age.



About Tegu

Tegu is the brainchild of brothers Chris and Will Haughey. The brothers wanted to establish a for-profit company in Honduras that is not just socially responsible, but that would engender economic growth. Their business model includes working with local cooperatives certified by the Forest Stewardship Council, donating to reforestation, paying decent wages, and partnering with a local school. Tegu blocks inspire children to create and use their imagination using safe and natural toys.

Connect with Tegu on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.


Disclosure: I was provided free products to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided. All opinions expressed are my own.