Tuesday, July 24, 2012

KOKO Insulated Fashion Lunch Bag Review (Waste-free Lunch Series)

Photobucket Packing lunch has become such a fashion statement today. No longer are we limited to brown paper bags, boxy coolers, or nylon lunchboxes. Now, we can tote our lunch in cute and trendy bags that offer the same functionality as their predecessors. In continuing with my waste-free lunch series, I highlight a reusable bag for moms on-the-go.

About ReUseIt®
ReUseIt.com is more than an online retailer of reusables. The site offers information and creates awareness of the plastic bag problem and importance of using eco-friendly products. Since it's launch in 2003, the company has empowered thousands to reuse and reduce with their product line, which includes their own brand of reusables. Eco-conscious consumers can find a variety of reusable containers such as bags for lunch and shopping, food and beverage, even napkins and utensils. In addition, ReUseIt.com donates a percentage of their sales to environmental causes.
Social Networks
Where to buy
KOKO products are available on ReUseIt.com.


MY THOUGHTS

I received the Michelle Insulated Fashion Lunch Bag in Denim for review. It's been a very useful bag, and I can see more use for it in the future. I was thrilled to review this bag because most of our reusable bags are for kids or they are not insulated. This bag combines several features that would please moms on-the-go. First, it's stylish. I like the denim print; it's simple but chic. Quite honestly, it doesn't look like your typical insulated lunch containers, but it is. So far, I haven't gotten the outside soiled, but only time will tell. Just like jeans, when I get something on it, I just brush it off and it's good to go. I also like the handles. They are long enough so that I can hang them on my stroller, elbows, and shoulder. I'm okay that they are not adjustable, I just won't wear the bag across my shoulders.





The bag is a good size and the flat bottom helps with stability. As you can see, this bag can hold a lot of stuff. Although it is structured, the bag does have a little give. I've been able to squeeze in enough food for a lunch and 2 snack breaks in this bag. It will certainly come in handy when the I have to bring lunch for 2 kids and 1 adult, as well as beverages and an ice pack to keep everything cool.





The insulated part is easy to clean and maintain. I simply wipe with a damp cloth. So far, I haven't had anything leak or spill that required more clean up than that. On a hot summer day, this bag has been a savior. The insulation has kept our drinks nice and cold. I will be commuting quite a ways to school for the rest of the summer to finish my program and feel confident that my food will be safe in this bag. The price point of $24.95 is comparable to others in the market and will pay itself in the long run. The Michelle Insulated Fashion Lunch Bag is a great bag for yourself or a gift for a friend. It comes in 2 chic designs, Denim and Black, for a functional and reusable accessory.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.