Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring Garden Show at South Coast Plaza

Location
Crate and Barrel/Macy's Home Store Wing
3333 Bear St.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(800) 782-8888
April 28 - May 1, 2011

Admission
Free

Parking
Free

Stroller/wheelchair accessibility
Yes

Restroom facilities
Yes

Food/concessions
Fast food and sit-down restaurants at the Crate and Barrel/Macy's Home Store Wing and across the bridge at main mall

Activities
There are 3 levels full of beautiful displays to see: garden exhibits, vendor displays, and a scale train. Seminars and children's activities are also held throughout the day. This is a must see event for any plant aficionado, green thumb or not.
Our family experience
We went today and it was all a buzz. In the middle of the mall was a huge display of a structure covered with plants; something similar to what you would see at the Rose Parade. It reminded me of when I used to decorate floats for the parade...oh, those were the days. My son and nieces were actually very interested in all the different flowers and garden displays. My son especially loved the train display next to Crate and Barrel on the 2nd floor. We also stopped by the orchids, my mother-in-law's favorite. All in all, we spent about 40 minutes going through the entire show. I would have stayed longer, but with 3 young kids, it was long enough.
Tips
It will get crowded due to mall shoppers and event visitors, I suggest looking over the event schedule to get a good idea of when you would like to go. You might want to bring a wagon to carry plants you purchase. I saw many customers carrying tall plants by hand.


Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are solely mine. I was under no obligation to provide a positive review.