Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Blog is Carbon Neutral

In honor of Earth Day, I have decided to make my blog carbon neutral. FYI, Earth Day is on April 22. Check A Billion Acts of Green® for a nationwide listing of activities. Unbeknown to some, websites do leave a carbon footprint from carbon dioxide emitted by computers, servers, and cooling systems. Approximately 0.02 grams of carbon dioxide is released for each page visit. A program from Germany, alongside the Arbor Day Foundation, has initiated a movement to neutralize this emission by planting a tree in Plumas National Forest on behalf of a website. 

Founder 
Mission
To plant a tree for a blogger, thereby reducing the blog's carbon footprint for the next 50 years. 

My Experience
My small, humble blog is definitely not getting anywhere close to the page hits necessary to emit 8 pounds of carbon dioxide a year. But, it is nice to know that I have helped neutralized whatever emission this blog is producing by having a tree planted for me.




Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are solely mine.