Thursday, December 16, 2010

REVIEW: FreeSantaLetters.com

Service
FreeSantaLetters.com is a website where you can create personalized letters for your child from Santa Claus. There are 2 options: Standard and Magical. Customization for the standard letter includes choosing from among 3 letters and 2 designs. Standard letters will include your child's name in the salutation. A magical letter is an upgrade option. There are 11 templates to choose from which includes letters about your child's accomplishments, baby's first Christmas, a military parent away from Christmas, and many more. Magical letters come with 11 designs to choose from, 2 envelopes, and a Nice List Certificate. You will need to print your custom letter regardless of standard or magical option. All letters come in pdf format.
Cost
Standard letters are free and the Magical letters are $2.99 each.
My Experience
The website was easy to navigate. There were 3 easy steps in creating the letter.
Step 1. Choosing the letter. I chose the magical letter specific to my son trying to be good--he's 2 and very good at it. The letter is well written and easily understandable by a young child. I love the font they used and the design is adorable. I chose the design with both Santa and a snowman. 
Step 2. Personalizing the letter. In this step I provided details such as my son's age, past Christmas gift from Santa, the city we live in, and his best friend's name. These details are nicely incorporated into the letter's body. I'm sure an older child will appreciate that Santa knows them so much, but for now, I think my son will just be interested in getting the letter itself. 
Step 3. Previewing my letter. I was able to see what the letter, envelopes, and Nice List Certificate would look like before I finalized my order. If you want to make any changes, you can do that before you finish your order. 
I also created a standard letter to see what was involved in the process. For a standard letter, you will go through the 3 steps described above. However, you only need to provide your child's name, no other details are needed. Once you preview your letter and approve it, you will be emailed the letter to print at home. 
My son just started to recognize Santa Claus this year. I'm sure he will be excited to receive his letter from Santa...I know I am. 


Disclaimer: I was compensated for this post and received a personalized magical letter. The opinions expressed in this post are solely mine. I was under no obligation to provide a positive review.